- Key Insights: This includes the median home price and average amount of time a house is on the market. A custom home price can be added by clicking Edit under the Price option in the upper left corner of the page.
- Forecasted Appreciation: This chart reflects how much the home value is projected to increase every year for the next five years. Historical appreciation numbers can also be plugged into this chart by clicking Edit under the Forecasted Appreciation option in the upper left corner of the page. This will show appreciation over the next five years using average appreciation numbers from the last 5, 10 or 63 years.
- Historical Appreciation: This chart shows the average appreciation percentage over the last 5, 10 and 63 years in the area.
- Supply & Demographics: This section begins with the pace of homes being built in the area. To the right of this figure, the number of new listings for sale in the area is displayed, broken down by zip code and county, for both the previous and current month. The previous month’s listings also feature a month-over-month and year-over-year change, which is useful for observing trends. The bar graph below breaks down the number of people in each age group. Finally, the homeowners and renters pie chart expresses the share of people in the selected area who own a home, rent a home, or are renting – but can afford to purchase a home.
- Affordability: This section shows the median household income in the area and the Affordability Index. This index shows how much home a family earning the median household income can afford in the area. A reading of 100 means that a household can afford 100% of the median home price if they put 20% down.